Employment for some positions in this department takes a different application path. Anyone interested in working for the libraries should email email@example.com. For the other positions listed, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You need a job and we need employees! We hire hundreds of students and other hourly and full-time workers.
Residential Life Positions
There are 5–26 RAs per residence hall who live on a floor or unit with approximately 50 residents.
General responsibilities include:
- Know each resident in the community through intentional engagements.
- Serve as a resource person for questions regarding residence hall and university offices.
- Familiarize residents with and enforce university and residence hall policies and regulations.
- Mediate conflicts between residents.
- Facilitate and maintain an environment conducive to learning.
- Provide support to residents in achieving academic and personal goals.
- Provide educational workshops for residents guided by the learning goals of the Residential Curriculum.
There are one to two CUEs per residence hall committed to working on diversity and social justice awareness and education.
General responsibilities include:
- Promote development on an inclusive community in the residential environment.
- Facilitate dialogue amongst a diverse group of staff and residents through intentional engagements.
- Work collaboratively with, RAs, student government, and other campus groups to facilitate dialogue around social justice and inclusion.
- Provide educational workshops for residents around social issues and identity guided by the learning goals of the Residential Curriculum.
- Serve as a resource person for questions regarding residence hall and university offices, specifically those related to social justice and inclusion.
IU Conference Services and Residential Life are committed providing a safe and inclusive living and learning experience for guests and residents. The summer staff assist with addressing guests' needs and concerns, provide excellent customer service, collaborate with campus partners, and offer feedback to improve our summer residential experience.
The student assistant is responsible for the daily operations of the libraries. Duties include staffing the circulation desk, re-shelving materials, attending staff meetings and completing other duties as assigned by the Center Supervisor. A typical work schedule is 10 hours per week. Working evenings and weekends is required.
These positions are open to IU students only.
Applications are accepted from April 1 (for the upcoming school year) through January 31 with the bulk of the hiring occurring in August. Because we receive hundreds of applications, applicants will only hear from us if selected for an interview.
RA / CUE Positions for 2020-21
Applications for Resident Assistant and CommUNITY Educator positions open on October 14 and are due by 11:59 p.m. on December 2.
To be considered an active candidate, you must
- attend and sign in at one of the information sessions listed below, and
- complete the application before the deadline.
Once you are at the application site, select “job postings” on the left and then select CommUNITY Educator-Resident Assistant application. If you have difficulty with the application, contact us at joinRPS@indiana.edu.
- October 14, 7:30p.m.
- November 3, 3:30 p.m.
- November 18, 7 p.m.
- October 21, 5:30 p.m.
- November 8, 3 p.m.
- December 2, 7 p.m.
IMU Oak Room
- October 29, 8:00p.m.
- November 14, 7 p.m.