Housing Costs: Economy
The Visual Arts Community is a great place for students to live if they are interested in studio art, graphic design, jewelry design, photography, or fine arts. This is a community where students share their talents with each other. An art studio for the community is provided in the residence center where community members can work and hang out together. The art studio is stocked with supplies and equipment for students to work on individual projects. Together students create a strong community of creativity and support.
- Participating in art shows and pottery studios
- Visiting museums and music festivals
- Participating in workshops to learn new skills such as origami
- Attending movies and going to shows at the IU Auditorium
- Hosting presentations about careers in the arts
- Hosting an annual end-of-year banquet
- Visiting a large city like Chicago or Washington, D.C.
- Sponsoring bowling nights
Who Lives Here
We welcome first-year, transfer, sophomore, junior, and senior students interested in engaging in studio art, graphic design, jewelry design, photography, or fine arts to live in the Visual Arts Community.
How to Apply
When completing your housing application, you can select "Visual Arts" on the Learning Community selection page. It might be helpful to review Completing the Application before beginning the process.
For more information contact email@example.com.