Dr. Thomas Hennessy Scholarship
Dr. Thomas Hennessy was dedicated to helping mold RHA Student Services into the program that it is today. Dr. Hennessy wanted to use this $1,000 scholarship as a means of promoting and rewarding the involvement of women in a variety of student government positions, as well as in community service activities.
Current IU faculty/staff may nominate a candidate or students may self-nominate. The application should include a list of activities and community service in addition to a statement of support for the nominee.
- Preference is given to female-identified persons
- Be a current resident and must have lived in the residence halls for no more than two (2) years including the current semester (Current RAs and CUEs are not eligible due to employment by RPS.)
- Have participated in any level of student government at IU Bloomington for at least one (1) semester including current, and participated in a minimum of one (1) community service activity
- Obtain two letters of recommendation, at least one must be from a current IU faculty or staff member
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Award based on quality of application and recommendations, not financial need