The residence halls will open at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 for spring semester. Residents should report directly to their assigned residence hall. Parking will be available during opening day in the lots adjacent to the residence halls.
Students attending the International Student Orientation progran may move into their spring semester assignment beginning January 2, 2013. Additional information for international students is available from the Office of International Services.
Regardless of the date you move to campus, traffic will be congested and there will be lines. It is possible, however, to make the day less stressful and enjoyable. Below are some proven tips from former students and parents:
- Ship items directly to the residence hall. Include the student's name and room number. Note, shipments will not be accepted before August 8.
- Bring only seasonal clothing.
- Pack in small boxes or bags that one person is able to carry.
- Plan to purchase toiletries, cleaning supplies, and food after arriving.
- Revisit the packing list one final time.
- Verify that prescription medications are packed.
- Check the INDOT, City of Bloomington, and RPS Web sites for current road information and temporary traffic flow changes.
- Program the residence hall's address into your GPS.
- Report directly to the assigned residence hall. Follow the directions of IUPD officers and RPS staff.
- Have the student IUID close at hand.
- While the student is completing the check-in process, unload the vehicle.
- When the student returns, move the vehicle to long-term parking, and move belongings to the room.