Housing Costs: Standard
Additional Application Required (Complete in Housing Application)
The Kelley Living-Learning Center (KLLC) offers incoming freshmen — both direct admits and intended business students — an exciting opportunity to live, study, participate in events, and network in a special business community located near the Kelley School of Business. The KLLC has much to offer those planning a business career. Our community includes students planning to graduate with a Kelley degree, a business minor, or a specialized set of business courses. Our world-class faculty and professional staff introduce students to the endless possibilities available on the IU campus for tailoring degree requirements to the student's unique goals, passions, and skills.
The Kelley LLC offers the best of all worlds. While the Kelley School of Business and IU provide a rich and diverse environment in which to prepare for success in the business world, the LLC connects students with peers from across the country and around the world to share ideas and plan futures. KLLC faculty and staff help students to develop the knowledge and skills needed for a successful business career.
Faculty, staff, and student mentors work with students to establish academic and professional goals, and begin developing strategies for reaching those goals. They introduce options for making smart choices about courses, programs, and leadership activities. With their help students can customize a degree program in ways that will maximize the value of their college experience. All community members enroll in a one-credit critical thinking seminar in the fall and a one-credit business issues course in the spring that boost both academic and career success.
The Kelley LLC experience is designed specifically for students interested in being part of a diverse, inclusive group of active and engaged students who embrace learning inside and outside the classroom. Members develop and implement academic, cultural, social, recreational, service, and professional activities that promote individual growth and contribute to the overall life of the community.
- KLLC ran more than 60 evening programs on ETHICS, INCLUSION, LEADERSHIP, ACADEMICS, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, GLOBAL AWARENESS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE in 2009.
- Fall programs planned by the KLLC Student Advisory Board (sophomores), and Spring Programs planned by the KLLC Executive Board (freshmen).
- KLLC members planned monthly social events, seasonal cultural celebrations, and weekly TV/Movie activities in the KLLC Lounge.
- Kelley Faculty and Staff were scheduled for weekly "Lunch Chats" in the McNutt Café.
- Professional trips to learn more about entertainment management, consulting & accounting, and manufacturing
- Kelley Alumni, Grad Students, Faculty, Recruiters, and Bus Leaders provided KLLC students with numerous opportunities to learn about and practice networking throughout the year.
For more information contact KSBLLC@indiana.edu.