How to Apply
RPS apps—including new student housing applications—will be unavailable between 5 a.m.–5 p.m. on Monday, March 12.
First-time applicants must complete an application. Any students already living with us, use an express process to select a room or apartment. IU Bloomington students who have not lived with us for two or more consecutive semesters should contact us to reactivate.
First-Time Applicants for 2018–19
2018-19 applications for first-time applicants are schedule to go live at 4 p.m. on Thursday, February 1, 2018. Please note, housing applications only retain a date stamp. For example, all applications submittted before midnight on February 1, will have a February 1 application date.
Before starting the application, it's necessary to do the following:
- Create an IU network account and passphrase. Your student ID number is on the official acceptance notice sent to you from admissions.
- If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must agree to the contract terms. To do this, they can create an account through eProxy.
- Review the residence exemption process.
- Find where you're eligible to live and review the costs.
- Create a rank-ordered list of your preferences (i.e., learning community, room type, neighborhood, roommate preference). You may update this list until May 10, 2018.
- Choose a meal plan. You will enter your selection on your application.
- If you have a preferred roommate, get the individual's full name and IU network ID. Roommate requests must be mutual. Roommates are assigned a room in order of the oldest application date of the pair or group. You can submit your application and return to enter your roommate information until May 10, 2018.
- Determine the name and contact information for two people you would like us to contact in the event of an emergency while living with us. You will enter this information on your application.
- Decide whether or not to complete a FERPA waiver to your housing and dining records. To waive this privacy right, provide the name of the individual(s) on your application you will with whom information may be shared.
- Have a valid American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA credit or debit card for the $200 application fee.
Once you have completed the above steps and you have all your information at hand, go to the Online Contract and Application.
Remember, if you are under 18 years of age, you cannot enter into a contract. Validity of the contract requires a parent or legal guardian to complete an eProxy co-signature and pay the fee to ensure validity of the contract. This does not mean your parents or others should complete the application for you.
After you submit your application, you can go back and change the preference list, requested roommate(s), and meal plan selection until May 10, 2018. After this date, we will only accept requests for specific learning communities and meal plan changes.
How to Find a Roommate
Students seeking on-campus housing for 2018-19 must contact or go to one of the assignment offices. Office hours at each location are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Residence Hall Assignments 812-855-5601, Nelson Administration Building, 801 N. Jordan Ave.
- Apartment Assignments 812-855-6600, Campus View, 800 N. Union St.
Contract Cancellation & Fees
Canceling your contract before its start date does not void the $600 fee. Once we accept your request for a contract, this fee applies. Refer to your housing contract for detailed information about cancellation fees and the process.
Physical & Mobility Limitations
We have residence hall rooms and apartment units modified to accommodate students with physical and mobility limitation.
To request a room or apartment assignment to accommodate your individual physical needs, a Medical Verification Form must be completed by you and your attending physician and sent to RPS Assignments before May 1, 2018.
Please note, this form is not to be used for air conditioner requests. Students assigned to non-air conditioned buildings will receive additional follow-up instructions to receive air conditioner approval.
Support is available, and we are committed to finding a place that meets the needs of each student. Contact the Associate Director – Selection, Diversity, and Inclusion at 812-855-1764, or email@example.com. This individual will work directly with you and the assignment office to find the best space for you.
Inform us of any food allergies and/or other dietary issues you have using the Food Allergy Form.