Housing Costs: Standard
This small community of students is focused on social interaction and academic exploration. The community attracts students who want to major in the sciences and eventually become health care professionals or educators. Community members form study groups and often take the same classes. Residents enjoy being able to share their careers interests with others who share and support their goals.
- Panel discussions on careers in medical fields
- Study groups
- Volunteering within the Bloomington community
- Study tips workshops hosted by faculty members
- Attending career planning workshops and related programs
- Visiting a local orchard, the Exotic Feline Rescue Center, and the World Culture Fair
- Plan a trip to Chicago, Louisville, or other locations to explore medical museums or health-related exhibits.
How would you describe your community?
"The Health Sciences Community helps to build connections with students majoring in medicine or who are interested in the medical field." - LaShondra B. (Hammond, IN; Community Health)
What is the BEST part about living in the community?
The BEST part about living in my community is that I have found people with the same study habits as me which is a plus. We have the same classes, same study habits, but even better we live together... with one or two we're even becoming best friends." - Francisco C. (Orange County, CA; Biology)
Who Lives Here
We welcome first-year, transfer, sophomore, junior, and senior students who are interested in any of the Health Sciences fields to join this community.
How to Apply
When completing your housing application, you can select "Health Sciences" on the Learning Community selection page. It might be helpful to review Completing the Application before beginning the process.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.