Advertising is permitted in our facilities in various forms. Please review the guidelines below and follow the instructions provided.
Digital screens are available in RPS-managed facilities to inform students of campus services, news, events, policy changes, and procedures.
Advertising on the screens is limited to Indiana University. Priority for use is as follows:
- Indiana University emergency messages.
- Residential Programs and Services.
- RPS-sponsored events and activities.
- Residence Hall Association.
- Indiana University departments, offices, agencies, and academic programs.
Requests to place advertising on the screens should be sent to RPS Marketing and Communications and must include:
- The location(s) listed below where placement is being requested.
- The start and end date of the announcement.
Announcements can be designed by RPS or submitted by the requester. Those submitted by the requester must:
- Be PNG format, we will not accept PDFs or PowerPoint slides.
- Be a file size 1375 x 925 pixels (horizontal/landscape orientation) at 72 dpi.
- Include event name, date, and location.
- Be 25 words or less.
- Limit the announcement to one slide.
Watch our video about creating good advertisements and PNG files.
RPS reserves the right to decline requests for advertising and to stop an announcement before its end date to accommodate IU emergency messages or RPS information.
To ensure visibility, RPS will display a maximum number of 12 announcements at any time. Announcements will display in rotation for 10 seconds each.
Digital Screen Locations
Revolving tabletop displays for advertising are available in several locations. Traditional table tents are not accepted.
Cards for the tabletop displays must be 4 inches wide by 6 inches tall. The quantity displayed varies by location.
Send your request(s) to the dining manager of the location(s) where you would like your message displayed. All requests are reviewed by the appropriate Community Council and approved by the dining manager.
Contact the RPS Director of Dining Services at 812-855-1764 if you would like your materials to appear at every location.
In Touch e-Newsletter
An electronic newsletter is sent to all residents weekly when classes are in session during the fall and spring semesters. During the summer, the newsletter is produced and sent on an as-needed basis.
Announcements are limited to RPS procedures, services, news and sponsored events, and RHA activities. Submit a copy to RPS Marketing and Communications by 5 p.m. on Thursdays to be included in the following Monday's newsletter.
Copies must include the following items relevant to the nature of the announcement. Graphics are not accepted.
- Brief Description
- Name of Sponsoring Department
Residence Halls and Apartments
Posting flyers and posters is a courtesy. Each residence center determines the decision to post and the location of public posting areas. Publicity regarding "in-center" programming is governed by that residence center's policies.
All flyers and posters must be approved and posted by residential operations staff. Submitted materials will not be returned.
Approved flyer and poster requirements:
- Sizing between 8.5 inches by 11 inches to 11 inches by 17 inches.
- English language, or include English translation.
- Contain an event date or a date to post written on the back.
- Promoting a specific event or activity.
- Contain as much information as possible, including but not limited to:
- Contact information
Guidelines to avoid flyer or poster rejections:
- Degrading any group or individual, sexually explicit flyers or posters, or flyers or posters containing obscene or defamatory language.
- Anything that violates University policy or federal, state, or local laws.
- Anything referencing the use, sale, or consumption of alcohol, tobacco, or marijuana.
- Anything advertising competing housing options.
- Anything submitted electronically.
Materials must be submitted more than three days before the event. No materials will be posted more the two weeks before an event and will be removed within two weeks after the event. Undated flyers or posters will be removed on the 15th and last day of each month.
Publicity regarding "in-center" programming is governed by that residence center's policies.