Advertising is permitted in our facilities in various forms. Please review the guidelines below and follow the instructions provided.
Digital screens are available in the RPS managed facilities to inform students of campus services, news, events, policy changes, and procedures.
Advertising on the screens is limited to Indiana University. Priority for use is as follows:
- Indiana University Emergency Messages
- Residential Programs and Services
- RPS – sponsored events and activities
- Residence Hall Association
- Indiana University departments, offices, agencies, and academic programs
Requests to place advertising on the screens should be sent to RPS Marketing and Communications and must include:
- the location(s) listed below where placement is being requested
- the start and end dates of the announcement
Announcements can be designed by RPS or submitted by the requester. Those submitted by the requester must:
- be PNG format, we will not accept PDFs and PowerPoint slides
- be a file size 1375 x 925 pixels (horizontal/landscape orientation) at 72 dpi
- include event name, date, and location
- by 25 words or less
- limit the announcement to one slide
Watch our video about creating good advertisements and PNG files.
RPS reserves the right to decline requests for advertising and to stop an announcement before its end date to accommodate IU emergency messages or RPS information.
To ensure visibility of announcements, the maximum number of messages displayed at any one time is 12. Announcements will be displayed in rotation for 10 seconds each.
Digital Screen Locations
Revolving table top displays for advertising are available in several locations. Traditional table tents are not accepted.
Cards for the table top displays must be four inches wide x six inches tall. The quantity displayed varies by location.
Send your request(s) to the dining manager of the location(s) where you would like your message displayed. All requests are reviewed by the appropriate Community Council and approved by the dining manager.
Contact the RPS Director of Dining Services at 812-855-1764 if you would like your materials to appear at every location.
In Touch e-Newsletter
An electronic newsletter is sent to all residents weekly when classes are in session during the fall and spring semesters. During the summer, the newsletter is produced and sent on an as needed basis.
Announcements are limited to RPS procedures, services, news and sponsored events, and RHA activities. Submit copy to RPS Marketing and Communications by 5 p.m. on Thursdays to be included in the following Monday's newsletter.
Copy must include the following items that are relevant to the nature of the announcement. Graphics are not accepted.
- Brief Description
- Name of Sponsoring Department
Residence Halls and Apartments
Posting flyers and posters is a courtesy. The decision to post and the location of public posting areas is determined by each residence center. Publicity regarding "in-center" programming is governed by that residence center's policies.
All flyers and posters must be approved and posted by residential operations staff. Materials submitted will not be returned.
All approved flyers and posters must
- be sized 8.5 inches by 11 inches – 11 inches by 17 inches
- be in English or include an English translation
- have either an event date or a date to post written on the back
- promote a specific event or activity
- contain as much information as possible including but not limited to: title, day/date/time, location, sponsor, and contact information
We will not accept flyers or posters that
- degrade any group or individual, are sexual explicit or contain obscene or defamatory language
- violate university policy or federal, state, or local laws.
- make reference to the use, sale, or consumption of alcohol, tobacco, or marijuana
- advertise competing housing options
- are submitted electronically
Materials must be submitted more than three days before the event. No materials will be posted more the two weeks before an event and will be removed within two weeks after the event. Undated flyers or posters will be removed on the 15th and last day of each month.
Publicity regarding "in-center" programming is governed by that residence center's policies.